Buridibud is a vegetable soup dish similar to dinengdeng, the main difference is that this dish uses sweet potatoes as its main ingredient where it is cooked to the point that it’s so soft it breaks down with the soup giving it a thicker texture.
- 350g prawns, skin on
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1 long bitter gourd, sliced
- 1 large bunch pea shoots
- 1 dozen moringa fruit (drumsticks), skinned and sliced
- 2 pcs Asian eggplants, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp bagoong monamon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot heat oil then sauté garlic, ginger and onion.
- Add the chicken stock and half of the sweet potatoes, bring to a boil and simmer until sweet potatoes are really soft.
- Add bitter gourd, sweet potatoes, moringa fruit and eggplants simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add the bagoong monamon, prawns and pea shoots, cook for 3 more minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Turn heat off then serve.