Ika Geso Age in Japanese, Muc Chien in Vietnamese or Crispy Deep Fried Squid is a simple deep fried squid dish popular in East Asia and South East Asian cuisine, similar to the calamares but instead of using the squid bodies this dish uses its tentacles and served with a sweet and spicy sauce
- 500g squid tentacles
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- sweet chilli sauce
- In a bowl combine together eggs, fish sauce and squid.
- In a covered container combine flour, cornstarch and freshly ground pepper
- Place the coated squid one by one on the bowl with the flour mixture, cover and shake until coated evenly
- In wok add enough oil for deep frying, place in high heat and once hot enough deep fry the squid tentacles, fry only for a maximum of 2 minutes otherwise it will have a rubbery texture.
- Remove from fryer, place on a paper lined bowl then serve with sweet chilli sauce.