For me Rosemary and Lemon is one of the best flavours you can give in a roast chicken, its lemony taste with butter and herbs like rosemary and garlic is a match made in heaven, a perfect balance of flavours to give specially on a greasy type of meat cut.
- 3 large chicken thighs, skin on
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- juice from 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- In small bowl combine together rosemary, lemon juice, melted butter, garlic, chilli flakes, freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Rub chicken thighs with the herbed butter sauce, place in a baking tray then pour any remaining sauce on the chicken.
- Place the quartered onions and lemon into baking tray together with the chicken and place in a 190C preheated oven and Roast the chicken for 1 hr or until the juices run clear.
- Remove from oven then serve with your favourite sides.