Hot and Spicy Breakfast Ramen is a combination of some of my favourite breakfast items like Spam, sunny side up eggs, gyoza and ramen in a hot and spicy soup
- 180 g ramen noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 2 pcs spring onions, thinly sliced (white part and green part separated)
- 4 pcs shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sriracha hot sauce, adjust to your liking
- 4 cups dashi stock
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 can spam, sliced
- 1 dozen cooked gyoza, recipe here
- 2 pcs sunny side up eggs
- In a frying add small amount of oil then fry spam slices until golden brown, remove from frying pan, slice into small cubes then set aside.
- In a pot add small amount of oil then sauté garlic, ginger and white part of the spring onions.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook for a minute.
- Pour the dashi stock, vegetable stock and sriracha hot sauce. Bring it to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes turn heat of then add the sesame oil. Season with salt.
- Place the noodles in bowl, ladle the hot soup into the bowls and top it with sunny side up eggs, gyoza, spam cubes and spring onions, then serve immediately.