What we have for today are this Shamrock Lucky Charm Cupcakes which is basically a milkshake cupcake infused with a little bit of mint topped with a light cream cheese icing. The lucky charms was just my idea of adding the element fun and cuteness to associate luck by putting different lucky charms which I got from the Lucky Charm cereals.
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, soft
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup full cream milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- green food gel, adjust to the colour you desire (I used Queen Brand)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 200 g cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a bowl sift together flour, salt and baking powder, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together sugar, oil and butter until light in colour and creamy. Add the eggs, milk, food gel, vanilla and mint extract then beat until well combined.
- Combine the sifted flour with the wet ingredients and mix in very low speed until combined, do not over mix.
- Place better in a cupcake lining lined cupcake pan and place in a 180C preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for at least an hour before topping it with the frosting.
- Prepare you frosting by whipping the cream until fluffy but not really stiff, then add the cubed cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. Beat until well incorporated and until stiff peaks form.
- Place in a piping bag with star tip then pipe on top of your cupcakes. Place cupcakes in the refrigerator.
- Make your leprechaun hats by forming a large cylinder (2 cm diameter) and a small cylinder (1 cm diameter) from your fondant icing. Cut the large cylinder thinly this makes your hat base, then cut the small cylinder into 1.5 cm sections. Stick cut small cylinder on top of thinly sliced large cylinder.
- Just before stick hat and a charm on the icing.