Sometimes hot and spicy instant noodles is not enough that is why today we are making the real deal, a very hot and Spicy Tofu and Prawn Ramen
- 300 g ramen noodles
- 15 pcs large prawns
- 6 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated in 1 1/2 cup of boiling water and sliced (reserve liquid)
- 200 g soft tofu block, sliced into cubes
- spring onions, chopped
- soft boiled eggs
- Slightly undercook the ramen noodles using the packet instructions, rinse in running cold water, drain then set aside.
- In a soup pot add oil then sauté garlic and onions. Once onions are soft add the ginger and chilli paste, cook until really fragrant.
- Pour the dashi, seafood stock, reserved mushroom liquid, shiitake mushrooms and Kombu, let it boil and simmer in low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the prawns and tofu then gently simmer for 2-3 minutes or until prawns are cooked. Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Add the sesame oil then turn heat off.
- Prepare a potful of boiling water then using a noodle colander, briskly dip ramen noodles to reheat them.
- Place noodles in a bowl, pour soup on noodles together with some shiitake, tofu and prawns, top it with sliced spring onions and serve with soft boiled egg.