Several days ago we made something like this but made out of blueberries for today we will be making it with some Boysenberries. Exactly similar procedure, exactly amazing! My daughter can’t get enough of this goodie, specially this Boysenberry and Custard Danish.
- 1/2 cup Boysenberry Jam
- 2 sheets Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg, Lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 8 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mug combine milk and vanilla, heat in the microwave (do not boil)
- In a saucepan whisk together egg yolk, corn flour and sugar until well combined.
- Pour hot milk in over the egg yolk mixture while constantly whisking.
- Place saucepan over low heat and cook until custard thickens. Set it aside and let it cool.
- Divide one sheet of pastry into four pieces, you can fold them or just use it as it is. I will let you use your creativity or refer to this one. Place pastries in a baking paper lined baking tray, put two table spoons of custard on top then one tablespoon of blueberry jam on top of the custard. Brush exposed pastry sides with beaten egg.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 10 minutes or until sides turn golden brown.