Today we will be using this ingredient to make our Belachan Fried Chicken, so we will be using it in our chicken marinade where it gives a salty shrimp taste with a strongly scented aroma.
- In a saucepan add oil then cook belachan until very aromatic, crumbed and golden brown. Turn the heat off.
- Add the oyster sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and garlic, mix well.
- Place chicken in a container then pour the mixture, let chicken marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat oil in wok and when it’s hot enough slowly drop chicken pieces. Cook chicken well, remove from wok and drain of excess oil.
- Serve with sambal chili on the side.