Grilled cheese sandwich is a type of melt sandwich were cheese is melted by means of grilling. This type of dish can use almost any type of bread and cheese and it all depends on the preference of the one making them but usually the most common combination is a white loaf sliced bread and cheddar cheese. Like any sandwich the cheese is placed in the middle of two bread slices then a small amount of butter or margarine is spread outside then grilled in a skillet or a sandwich press.
If you’re talking about satisfaction to effort ratio I guess this has the one with highest satisfaction and lowest effort ratio, that warm melted cheese matched with a crispy buttery warm bread is enough to satisfy those hungry taste buds and a hungry stomach.
Before you go to the recipe we have a competition running this week where Ang Sarap and TeaVivre is giving away one tea starter pack for each of the 3 winners. Each starter pack contains the following teas Liu An Gua Pian Green Tea, Premium Jasmine Dragon Pearls Green Tea, True Love Silver Needle Flower Tea, Organic Green Tea Powder and Blueberry Fruit Tea.
Competition is open for 1 week and we accept entries worldwide, just fill in your details at our competition page to join.
So what are you waiting for join now for your chance to taste their amazing teas.
Grilled cheese sandwich is a type of melt sandwich were cheese is melted by means of grilling. This type of dish can use almost any type of bread and cheese and it all depends on the preference of the one making them but usually the most common combination is a white loaf sliced bread and cheddar cheese.
- Place a large heavy pan or a skillet on a stove top over a medium heat.
- Spread butter on two slices of bread then place butter side down onto the skillet. Place a slice of mozzarella followed by a cheddar cheese on both slices.
- Spread butter on the remaining slices of bread then place butter side up on the top of the grilling sandwich.
- Grill until light brown on one side then flip it to the other side. Grill the remaining side until light brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from skillet then cut in half then serve while hot.
Recipe Card powered by