This is my favourite quiche recipe the Bacon and Leek Quiche, its light, creamy and flavourful. How about you what’s your favourite quiche recipe?
- 175 g bacon pieces, chopped
- 1 large leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 20 g butter
- freshly ground black pepper
Pastry (you can also use ready-made savoury short crust pastry)
- 2 cups plain flour + extra for dusting
- 150 g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp chilled water
- You can buy your own ready-made pastry sheet or make your own. To make your own combine flour and butter in a food processor, pulse until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Now add water and egg yolk and pulse until it comes together.
- Remove pastry from the food processor then place in a floured board then knead until smooth in texture. Shape into a circle then place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- Prepare a large pan, add butter and melt it in low heat.
- Add the bacon and leeks then cook while occasionally stirring for 10 minutes until leeks are wilted and soft.
- Add parsley and cook for 1 more minute, turn heat off then set aside.
- Prepare you pastry, place the chilled pastry in between two baking sheets and roll until thin. Lay the pastry in a greased 30 cm circle quiche pan. Trim excess then line top with baking paper or aluminium foil then place pie weight or uncooked rice. Place in a 180C pre heated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pie weight and the paper lining then bake for 10 more minutes, remove from oven and let it cool.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk and freshly ground black pepper. Set it aside.
- Spoon bacon and leek mixture on your baked pastry shell, pour egg and milk mixture, top with grated cheese then bake for 30 minutes or until top turns golden brown.