One thing I liked about Chinese stir fry dishes is that it is so simple to prepare and most of them are ready in 15 minutes or less. Stir fries also lets you become creative in your own kitchen in the easiest way as you can almost create any meat and vegetable combination you want and it can be a different meal each time.
- Marinate beef strips in salt, freshly ground black pepper, sesame oil and 2 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine for at least 15 minutes.
- Add cornstarch in beef mixture then mix evenly.
- Heat oil in wok then stir fry beef in high heat in batches for 3-4 minutes. Set aside cooked beef.
- Add oil then stir fry ginger and onions
- Add the asparagus and stir fry for two minutes.
- Add the beef back together with soy sauce, oyster sauce and remaining Chinese cooking wine. Stir fry for 1-2 minute in high heat until sauce is cooked and evenly distributed. Add water if needed.
- Serve immediately with freshly cooked jasmine rice.