After all those heavy food we had during Christmas and New Year we will be posting something healthy for today, this crisp salad green with tangy sweet apples and light nutty pecans is the perfect summer salad. It’s light and delicious a perfect pair with some grilled seafood and a good glass of white wine.
- 150 g mesclun salad mix
- 2 green apples, thinly sliced
- 2 red apples, thinly sliced
- 100 g pecans
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 25 g butter
- balsamic vinaigrette
- avocado garlic dressing
- In a pan melt butter and sugar in medium low heat. Add the pecans then gently stir until they are all coated with the melted sugar.
- Remove pecans and place in a baking sheet to cool and harden.
- Place salad mix in a salad bowl together with apples and pecan then toss to combine.
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette and avocado garlic dressing.