Tacos al pastor is a taco dish filled with shawarma style grilled guajillo rubbed pork, grilled pineapples, onions and cilantro, in short it is a Mexican Middle Eastern wrap mashup.
- 1 kg pork shoulder chops or fatty pork loin, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into rounds 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- small tortillas
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- creamy avocado dressing
- tomato salsa
- lime wedges
Grilled Pork Marinade
- In a blender combine all Grilled Pork ingredients and 3 pineapple slices, puree until marinade is smooth.
- Place pork in large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade making sure pork pieces are coated evenly. Remove air from bag, seal then let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a grill, cook pork slices for 5 minutes per side then set aside.
- Grill the remaining pineapples for 5 minutes on each side or until slightly charred.
- Place pork pieces in a large chopping board and slice pork into thin slices. Do the same with your pineapples.
- Combine sliced pork, sliced pineapples, onion and cilantro in a bowl then toss to combine.
- Serve pork mixture with warmed tortillas, tomato salsa, creamy avocado dressing and lime wedges.