Tacos al pastor is a taco dish filled with shawarma style grilled guajillo rubbed pork, grilled pineapples, onions and cilantro, in short it is a Mexican Middle Eastern wrap mashup.
- 1 kg pork shoulder chops or fatty pork loin, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into rounds 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- small tortillas
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- creamy avocado dressing
- tomato salsa
- lime wedges
Grilled Pork Marinade
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 white onion, halved
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 pcs jalapeno pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- In a blender combine all Grilled Pork ingredients and 3 pineapple slices, puree until marinade is smooth.
- Place pork in large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade making sure pork pieces are coated evenly. Remove air from bag, seal then let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a grill, cook pork slices for 5 minutes per side then set aside.
- Grill the remaining pineapples for 5 minutes on each side or until slightly charred.
- Place pork pieces in a large chopping board and slice pork into thin slices. Do the same with your pineapples.
- Combine sliced pork, sliced pineapples, onion and cilantro in a bowl then toss to combine.
- Serve pork mixture with warmed tortillas, tomato salsa, creamy avocado dressing and lime wedges.
This sounds delicious Raymund! I’m definitely going to be trying this one. We will all love it. 🙂
Oh, these do look delicious – I know it’s only breakfast time but wish one of these would come my way:)
Al pastor are my favorite tacos!
You speak my language, Raymund! I love all types of tacos, al pastor especially. Tuesday is my favorite day of the week, Taco Tuesday when my favorite taco truck sell tacos for 50 cents each! Boy, I can polish off a dozen in one sitting!
Wow Raymund. these tacos look so professionally done…I love how they look…delicious!
Enjoy your week 🙂
Oh man! I just pinned those gorgeous photos! I love tacos and I just had the best tacos al pastor in Mexico. What a great recipe. I always wondered how they got the whole thing “al pastor”. Very cool.
Fabulous tacos! I use to make soft tacos all of the time, but haven’t made them ages. I love this combination of pork and pineapple. Thanks for the inspiration Raymund!
Having tacos for dinner tonight, we have this block of food trucks just opened in town, and apparently the taco truck is the most popular. Cant wait. Yours look amazing. Hope you are having a lovely week. 🙂