Cevapi or ćevapčići is a type of Kebab made out of grilled minced meat or pork, beef and or lamb served in with a flat bread with chopped onions, sour cream and ajvar (red bell pepper relish).
- 500 g minced pork (30% fat)
- 500 g minced beef
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp teaspoon paprika
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 large red capsicum / bell peppers
- 1 small eggplant
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped white onions
- sour cream
- flat bread / pita
- In a bowl using your hands combine all sausage ingredients until well combined.
- Form into small sausages roughly the same size of a large thumb.
- Cook in grill roughly for 15 minutes of until meat is cooked.
- In a charcoal grill place the red bell peppers and eggplant, cook until lightly charred on all sides.
- Remove the charred skin of the peppers and eggplants, remove also the seeds and stem of the peppers.
- Place peppers, eggplant, garlic, oil, vinegar and salt then pulse until finely chopped.
- Place vegetables in a saucepan and simmer in medium-low for 30 minutes while occasionally stirring. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Place sausages, flat bread, chopped onions, sour cream and ajvar in a plate then serve.