Tuna casserole is a dish that became popular in America during the 1950’s due to its budget friendly nature and its easy preparation process. This dish also can be frozen so it can be made ahead and just reheated making it more convenient
- 400 g pasta noodles (macaroni, spiralli, ribbon or anything you like)
- 2 185 g cans tuna, drained
- 2 420 g cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup green peas
- 150 g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- plain salted potato chips, crushed
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- In a large bowl combine together cooked pasta, tuna, cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup cheddar cheese, cream
- /4 cup milk, green peas and white button mushrooms.
- Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish, 12 inch diameter casserole or equivalent top with crushed potato chips until covered then with the remaining cheese then bake in a 220C preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese it bubbly and golden.