- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 lb (454 g) lump crabmeat (fresh or canned)
- ¼ cup (25 g) scallions (green onions), chopped (optional)
- 2 boiled eggs, diced (optional – omit for AIP)
- ¼ cup (4 g) cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2–4 Tablespoons (30–60 ml) coconut oil
- Place 2-4 Tablespoons of coconut oil into a frying pan (or a saucepan), and sauté the carrots on medium-high heat until they start to soften (add more coconut oil as the carrots soak it up). This takes approx. 15 minutes.
- Add in the crabmeat, scallions, and boiled eggs and sauté for 10 minutes more.
- Lastly, add the cilantro, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, and salt to taste. Sauté for a few minutes more to combine the flavors.
- Serve immediately.
Chicken breast (finely diced) can be used instead of crabmeat, but you should cook it separately before adding to the carrots.
Scrambled eggs can be used instead of boiled eggs.
Apple cider vinegar can be used instead of lemon juice.