Mojito is a cocktail drink that is made up of five main ingredients namely white rum, sugar, lime juice, sparkling water and mint. A good combination of refreshing ingredients that matches well the strong rum making it a really popular summer cocktail drink.
- 100 ml white rum
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 15 pcs mint leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- additional lime and mint leaves for garnishing
- Place mint in a very large glass or a small pitcher that you can cover then using a muddler or a mortar gently crush the mint and lime to release its oils.
- Add the lime wedges and gently crush it to release its juices.
- Add the sugar, ice and rum then cover the container and shake it.
- Pour the sparkling water and give it a mix.
- Pour and divide into two glasses then serve garnished with lime wedges and mint leaves.