Teriyaki Steak Soba
Fried Soba Noodles with sesame oil, red onions, spring onions, bean sprouts, sugar snap peas and chili topped with Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slices marinated on Teriyaki Sauce. Yummy!!!
This post was inspired from a noodle dish I had tried before in Wagamama, it was so delicious after having them I was itching to make them at home. Having said that this is not the real recipe and this is my own version recreated from what I remembered and tasted when I order this. I tried the best I can to capture the similar taste and “Viola!” it seemed that I had nailed it.
- Pat dry your streak with paper towel then sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Grease your pan with oil, heat it up then pan grill beef in high heat until brown on each side.
- Once cooked, slice it thinly then dip in teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Add soba noodles with 1 tsp sesame oil and cook for 3 minutes. Drain then set aside.
- Using the same pan you cooked your steak add oil and stir fry the red onions.
- Add the sweet peas, soba noodles and fish sauce then stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat then mix the bean sprouts with the noodles.
- Place noodles in a serving platter drizzle some sesame oil on top, place beef slices then top with few dashes of shichimi togarashi and toasted sesame seeds.