Sticky toffee pudding is an English baked or steamed dessert consisting of a cake made with chopped dates then soaked in a rich toffee sauce. A very popular dessert in countries like England, Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand and Australia.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup dark cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 60 g butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Soft Brown Sugar
- 125 ml cream
- 30 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl combine pitted dates, boiling water and baking soda. Set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and dark cane sugar and mix until butter melts.
- Add the eggs then mix to combine.
- Add the baking powder and flour then continue to mix by hand until even in consistency.
- Place in a well-greased 6 pc large muffin pans then place in a 180C preheated oven and bake for 40 -45 minutes or until cooked.
- Prepare your toffee sauce by combining all Toffee Sauce ingredients in a sauce pan, stir and cook in low heat until mixture is all dissolved and thick in consistency, roughly around 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove pudding from muffin pans, place in serving platters then drizzle toffee sauce on top.