Bulgogi is a type of Korean grilled beef dish where prime cuts of beef is marinated in sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, pears and other spices. One of the most famous and delicious Korean dish which is usually consumed with rice and kimchi. Traditionally bulgogi is prepared on the grill but it can also be pan fried.
- 1 kg beef tenderloin, sliced thinly into bite sized pieces
- 1 large pear, peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 stalks spring onion
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor puree together pear, onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place puree in a bowl then add the sliced beef and sesame oil, mix well to evenly coat the beef.
- Let it marinate in room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Place and cook in grill. Serve with rice, kimchi and ssamjang.