Creamy Chicken, Mushroom and Bell Pepper Pasta
Pasta is such a versatile ingredient, you can just toss just about any saucy dish on it which turns it a complete meal, like this post today. The sauce was inspired from my mom’s Chicken ala King recipe, I just removed the starchy element that makes it thick instead we reduced the liquid and use parmesan cheese and the starch from the freshly cooked pasta go give body to the sauce.
How about you do you have any dishes that you sometimes use with pasta? If you do please share it below.
- 400 g thin spaghetti, vermicelli pasta or angel hair pasta.
- 700 g chicken thigh meat, cubed
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Cook your pasta according to packet instructions, drain then set aside. Do not rinse with water.
- In a pot melt the butter then add the chicken pieces, once browned using a slotted spoon remove from chicken from pot then set aside.
- Using the same pot sauté onion and garlic.
- Add the chicken pieces back together with the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, milk and cream, then bring to a simmering heat.
- Add the capsicum, nutmeg and sherry then gently simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the freshly cooked pasta and parmesan cheese, mix until pasta is coated evenly with sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve.