Steamed Cream Dory in Light Soy Sauce
Sometimes steamed fish can taste bland and boring, as this cooking method is quite tricky to incorporate good flavours with a very delicate ingredient. There are also few good recipes for steaming fish and the only ones I can remember on the top of my head is the Asian style steamed fish and the French papillote (well this is a different steaming method) now let’s add something to that mix the Steamed Cream Dory in Light Soy Sauce. Cream Dory works great on this one but any white fleshy fish would be great.
How about you do have any steamed fish recipe to share? Let us know.
- 3 pcs cream dory fillets, sliced
- ½ inch ginger, sliced into strips
- freshly ground black pepper
- Sesame oil
- Fried Garlic
- Spring Onions, chopped
- Rub fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Place a wax or baking paper to line the steamer, leave some vents on the sides (this prevents fish from sticking) then place fish on top of it. Top fish with some ginger slices then steam for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked. Set it aside.
- Combine all Light Soy Sauce ingredients in a saucepan, bring it to a boil then turn heat off.
- Place fish in a deep dish then pour sauce over it, drizzle sesame oil on top then garnish with Fried Garlic and Spring Onions.