Making Bacon and Chocolate Cupcakes with Nutella Ganache is really simple no need for mixers just combine them and mix it by hand, for the ganache you don’t need to use a double boiler you can use a microwave to melt them in short bursts.
- 1 dozen cooked crispy streaky bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cups white sugar
- 1 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 60 g baking chocolate buttons
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- In a large bowl sift together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine together eggs, coffee, milk and oil.
- Slowly pour mixed liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients while mixing it. Make sure to blend well and do not use a mixer. Once texture is smooth fold in 3/4 of the crumbled bacon then pour batter into prepared cups.
- Bake in a 190C preheated oven to 25 minutes. Once finished remove pan from the oven then let it cool.
- Prepare you ganache by combining everything in a microwave safe bowl, then in short high bursts (10-15 seconds) melt the ganache mixture until smooth in consistency. Place ganache mixture in a piping bag or just a clean catsup bottle.
- Squeeze ganache over cupcakes in a swirly fashion then while still soft drizzle remaining bacon on top.