Stir Fried Cabbage and Carrots
Sometimes extra vegetables in the refrigerator makes you creative, why? Because when you see them you think “what should I do with it?” and this is a classic example. I have several extra vegetables in my vegetable bin, third of a cabbage head, some carrots and yellow peppers all leftovers from previous meals, was thinking of a good way to use them and my answer was this. I know I can get more creative but I was also looking for something simple that I can whip up quickly.
I call this dish simply as Stir Fried Cabbage and Carrots, like the name suggest it is a stir fry of mixed vegetables that are julienned. I used some fish sauce and oyster sauce to flavour it and that much about it, just stir fry them quickly to retain its crunch and you’re all good to go. Honestly I can eat it on its own but you can always pair it with something.
- ⅓ head cabbage, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 large yellow capsicum, julienned
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a large wok add oil then sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the rest of the ingredients then stir fry in high heat for 3-5 minutes or until cabbages are slightly wilted but still crispy.
- Serve while hot.