Minatamis na saging if directly translated means sweetened banana, it is a very sweet dessert which is made out of Cardaba banana or locally known as “Saba” that is cooked in brown sugar syrup.
- Cook sago pearls according to packet instructions.
- Pour a tablespoon of sugar in a saucepan, turn on heat and cook until sugar melts and partly burns (the slightly burnt taste gives an extra flavour but do not burn it too much, it will taste bad).
- Pour the water then let it boil. Once boiling add the remaining sugar and salt, let the sugar dissolve in medium heat then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the bananas then cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until saba is tender but still firm.
- Remove from heat, add the sago pearls then place in dessert plate, serve by topping it off with evaporated milk.
- Serving Size: 311 g
- Calories: 386 kcal
- Sugar: 85.67 g
- Sodium: 218 mg
- Fat: 0.39 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.132 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.124
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 98.97 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 1.37 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg