Miki Bihon is a noodle dish which consists of two different noodles, Miki and Bihon. Miki or Shanghai noodles is the thicker of the two and it is a type of egg noodle while bihon on the other hand is the thinner one and is a variant of a rice noodle.
- 100g Pancit bihon noodles
- 300g Pancit miki noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 6 pcs chicken liver
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 small pack snow peas
- 1 packed cup rehydrated wood ear fungus, sliced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- fish sauce
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Soak bihon noodles in water for a maximum of 10 minutes. This makes it soft and easier to handle when cooking.
- Now using a wok, add oil and sauté garlic and onions using medium heat.
- Add snow peas and carrots then stir fry for 2 more minutes. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Add the chicken liver then stir fry for 2 minutes until brown on all sides.
- Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, woodear fungus and shredded chicken bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add the miki noodles then cook for 3 minutes while occasionally stirring.
- Add the bihon noodles and chicken liver then stir fry for 5 more minutes.
- Add the vegetables back in the wok then stir fry for a 2 more minutes.
- Season with Fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.