This Galician Pork and Vegetable Stew captures most of the elements are true to what Galician cuisine has to offer except for the seafood part as this adaptation from Bon Apetit is made out of different meats and potatoes. It’s a very good hearty dish, all in one meal that is very comforting, again another two thumbs up!
- 400 g can chickpeas, drained
- 800 g pork ribs, cut into smaller pieces
- 500 g bacon hock
- 500 g beef brisket, cubed
- 3 pcs Spanish chorizo, sliced
- 2 1/2 litres of water
- white section of 2 leeks, sliced
- 800 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch kale, ribbed and sliced into strips
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot combine together pork ribs, bacon hock, beef brisket, Spanish chorizo, leeks and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes and kale then simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Add the chickpeas then simmer for 5 more minutes, season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if required.