When I lived in Malaysia I got totally addicted to Roti, plain ones, Roti Telur (egg), Roti Pisang (banana) and this Roti Nangka (jackfruit). I eat them almost every day where I pair the savoury ones with Fried Chicken or just a simple sambal and for the sweet ones I have them for desserts.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup fresh jackfruits, sliced
- 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a bowl sift together flour and salt.
- Add 1/4 cup of ghee then mix it gradually while adding water until it forms into a ball.
- Start kneading the dough in a greased surface for 8 minutes.
- Place dough back in the bowl then let it rest for 2 hours.
- In a greased surface, get a small ball from the dough then using a rolling pin flatten the dough as much as you can. Gently stretch the dough outwards the centre while resting the hand on the middle when its partly see through brush a bit of ghee on top then bring ends to the centre. Repeat the process this process again once more. Finally flatten it again with a rolling pin until it forms a circle.
- Cook in a greased heavy pan for 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients together, bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced and thick.
- Turn heat off then serve with Roti.