Chicken and Vegetable Miso Soup is a meal on its own complete with chicken, mushrooms, vegetables and even avocadoes but there’s no stopping you to enjoy it with some soba noodles or even rice on the side.
- 500 g boneless chicken thighs, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 200 9 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large bunch baby bok choy
- 3 tbsp yellow miso
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- fish sauce
- avocado, chopped
- lime wedges
- cilantro leaves
- In a pot add oil then sauté shallots and celery.
- Add mushrooms and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock then bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken bring again to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add bok choy and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn heat off then add the miso, then season it with fish sauce.
- Place in bowl then just before serving add some chopped avocadoes and chopped cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Now this is a delicious and guilt-free soup. 🙂
Oh, this does look good Raymund – real comfort food, but light and refreshing.
Definitely my next project!!!
avocado made it very interesting…..
wow! This is definitely worth a try!
Comforting looking soup!
I would never have thought to add avocado to a soup but that looks AMAZING ! I will be trying that this week !
Oh miso is deelicious. It is actually a perfect and super healthy dinner for breakfast choice as well. I think I will certainly give this a try. If you can get it, the actual natural dashi comes in hard sheets and you boil out the actual dashi flavour from the seaweed. Gives it a super authentic kick!
Sounds like a great soup but I will be forever cutting up 500 chicken thighs and 200 shiitake mushrooms!
I think that must have been 500 grams and 200 grams. Correct?
Lol that cracked me up 🙂
Thanks for noticing it, youre correct it should be grams, updated the recipe now.
Cool! Still sounds great and I will make. Hate to say this but for chicken amount now listed in “g” but the mushrooms are listed in “9” – that is the letter NINE not the small letter g. I think as before everyone will figure it out but I don’t think you meant to change it that way. Thanks again.
Jim in So Calif