Chicken and Vegetable Miso Soup is a meal on its own complete with chicken, mushrooms, vegetables and even avocadoes but there’s no stopping you to enjoy it with some soba noodles or even rice on the side.
- 500 g boneless chicken thighs, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 200 9 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large bunch baby bok choy
- 3 tbsp yellow miso
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- fish sauce
- avocado, chopped
- lime wedges
- cilantro leaves
- In a pot add oil then sauté shallots and celery.
- Add mushrooms and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock then bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken bring again to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add bok choy and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn heat off then add the miso, then season it with fish sauce.
- Place in bowl then just before serving add some chopped avocadoes and chopped cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges on the side.