This Halloumi Courgette & Herb Cake is a simple mix of courgettes, carrots and halloumi and trust me they work well together, the courgettes gives it a nice slimy texture, the cheese gives it a robust flavour and the carrots give it some sweetness and the combination is just phenomenal.
- 3 pcs carrots, grated
- 3 pcs courgettes, grated
- 200g halloumi cheese, grated
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 pcs eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine carrots, courgettes and around 2 tsp of salt. Set is aside for 20 minutes then squeeze mixture to drain excess liquid.
- Now combine the remaining ingredients except the oil then season to your liking (remember haloumi is already salty).
- Form into large cakes then leave in the fridge for around 30 minutes to firm up.
- Place oil in a pan then pan fry cakes for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown in medium heat.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.