Halloumi Courgette & Herb Cake
I had cooked several recipes of Chef Gordon Ramsay and on both occasions we loved it and it was definitely a success, first was this Slowly Braised Oxtail and another was this Pork and Prawn Balls in Aromatic Sauce. Both dishes hit the bull’s-eye of our taste buds and we definitely enjoyed them hence I am making another recipe from one of his TV Shows, the Halloumi Courgette & Herb Cake.
This dish is a simple mix of courgettes, carrots and halloumi and trust me they work well together, the courgettes gives it a nice slimy texture, the cheese gives it a robust flavour and the carrots give it some sweetness and the combination is just phenomenal. You can eat it on its own dipped in sweet chilli sauce or pair it with something light like a fish. For me it’s totally addictive and I love the flavour profile so this will be repeated a lot of times.
For the recipe I did adapted it a bit but the essence remains the same, so here you go my own adaptation of Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Halloumi Courgette & Herb Cake.
- 3 pcs carrots, grated
- 3 pcs courgettes, grated
- 200g halloumi cheese, grated
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 pcs eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine carrots, courgettes and around 2 tsp of salt. Set is aside for 20 minutes then squeeze mixture to drain excess liquid.
- Now combine the remaining ingredients except the oil then season to your liking (remember haloumi is already salty).
- Form into large cakes then leave in the fridge for around 30 minutes to firm up.
- Place oil in a pan then pan fry cakes for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown in medium heat.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.