Chicken and Gnocchi Soup is a creamy chicken soup which contains chicken pieces, gnocchi, carrots and spinach leaves. I heard it is a popular menu item in Olive Garden
- 500 g fresh gnocchi
- 300 g chicken thigh cutlets, cubed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 50–70 g baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 small rosemary sprigs
- juice from 1 lemon
- Combine marinade ingredients and chicken together in a non-reactive mixing bowl, let it marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Cook gnocchi according to packet instructions.
- In a pot add oil then cook chicken pieces for 8-10 minutes. Remove the chicken pieces then set aside.
- Add the butter, onion, celery and garlic, cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the flour and cook for a minute then add the milk, cream, chicken stock, nutmeg while continuously mixing then simmer until thickened.
- Add chicken and carrots then simmer in very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked gnocchi, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, turn heat off then add the baby spinach. Serve immediately.