Sour Cream and Chives Twice Baked Potatoes as the name suggest are potatoes that are cooked twice, first by mashing it adding some flavour then baking them again.
- 5 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pierce potatoes with fork all over the surface then rub it with oil and salt. Place in a baking tray and bake for 45 minute in a 200C preheated oven.
- Remove potatoes from oven then cut the top part off, using a spoon scoop out the potatoes leaving a 1 cm thick layer to be used later as its container.
- Place scooped out potatoes in a container then mix it together with sour cream, milk, butter and chives. Roughly mash the potatoes leaving small chunks in the mixture then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place mixture back in to the potato skins then place it back in the oven and bake for 20 more minutes.