Goto is a type of rice congee popular in the Philippines, it’s made similar to congee where rice is boiled in prolonged time with a generous amount of stock
- 300g cooked ox tripe, sliced into strips
- 300g pork crackling, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 10–12 cups beef broth
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 medium ginger, sliced thinly
- freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce
- 2 lemon
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
- 2 tsp kasubha (safflower threads)
- fried garlic
- 6 boiled eggs
- Sauté Garlic, Onion and Ginger in oil.
- Add beef broth, safflower threads and rice, let it boil and simmer for 15 minutes, mix every 5 minutes to avoid rice sticking below the pot.
- Add ox tripe and simmer for additional 25 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce, pepper.
- Put in a deep bowl, add 1 egg. Top with scallions, fried garlic and pork cracklings. Serve with lemon on the side.