Pulled pork tacos is a combination of two dishes, the pulled pork and the carnitas. Carnitas is traditionally cooked by braising pork in in oil or lard.
- 800 g pork shoulder, cubed (get the fatty one)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large mangoes, cubed
- 1/2 head lettuce, sliced
- chopped cilantro
- corn tortillas
- In a pot heat oil and sauté garlic and onions.
- Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Remove everything from the pot and transfer it in a slow cooker, pour chicken stock, soy sauce and orange juice then cook for 6 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and place on a pot, then cook until liquid is in a very thick consistency or nearly dried, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Use fork to loosen meat into threads.
- Prepare your corn tortillas by heating them on a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread some mayonnaise on the tortilla, place chopped lettuce, pulled pork, chopped mangoes and cilantro on top.