Creamy Broccoli with Crispy Fried Onions, it’s so good it can be consumed on its own. The creamy béchamel that coats the fresh and chunky broccoli is amazing
- 2 broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- French Fried Onions or Crispy Fried Onions, to garnish
- In a sauce pan melt butter in low heat then add flour. Cook while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth in texture.
- Gently milk and cheese while occasionally mixing then simmer for 5 minutes in low heat. Turn heat off then set aside.
- Blanch broccoli until just tender then fold into the béchamel sauce in the pan. Turn heat off then serve garnished with French Fried Onions.
Oh, yes a great take on a classic and one that I will trying the next time I cook broccoli:)
I can never resist onion rings! This is such a great dish — loads of flavor, and pretty, too. Thanks.
This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. Emma.
We indonesian usually use deep fried red shallots or bawang goreng, this crispy fried onion and creamy veggis is really tempting and seducing!!!
Delicious. Blanching the broccoli made it so vibrant green and love those crispy onions on top. What a cute little red skillet you have.