Creamy Broccoli with Crispy Fried Onions
If you are looking for a quick and easy side dish then try this Creamy Broccoli with Crispy Fried Onions, it’s so good it can be consumed on its own. The creamy béchamel that coats the fresh and chunky broccoli is amazing, top that with crispy fried onions then you can call this heaven in a bite.
- 2 broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- French Fried Onions or Crispy Fried Onions, to garnish
- In a sauce pan melt butter in low heat then add flour. Cook while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth in texture.
- Gently milk and cheese while occasionally mixing then simmer for 5 minutes in low heat. Turn heat off then set aside.
- Blanch broccoli until just tender then fold into the béchamel sauce in the pan. Turn heat off then serve garnished with French Fried Onions.