Fiesta float is a type of an icebox cake which consists of sweetened whipped cream, graham crackers and fruit cocktail. Perhaps one of the easiest dessert recipes you can make as it requires not baking at all. This was introduced by US to the Philippines and became really popular because a lot of Filipino’s do not own an oven and this was the next best thing to make at home that resembles a baked cake. Having said that if you got invited in any Filipino special occasion this dessert have a high chance of being present.
This is a fail proof recipe and it will definitely please a lot, that theory was tested because I brought this in our office for one of our shared lunches and it was a hit, a lot of them went for seconds. I guess anything with cream will not fail, it is like the bacon of the dessert world.
Before we go to our recipe, I would like to introduce you a great concept in food deliveries in the Philippines and it is called the Food Panda.
So what is it? Food panda is a website where you can order from different restaurants like Wendy’s, Don Henricos’s, Subway, TGI Fridays and Figaro to name some. All you need to do is to type your address and filter the results based on cusisines, whether they accept online payments, organic only, vegetarian etc. Each results that come out will show their opening times, delivery fee, minumum delivery amount and their menu from which you can add them to cart. You can also pre-order food items if they are still closed and even schedule a delivery time. I guess if you also want to treat someone in the Philippines while you are in anothe country that is possible as payments can be done online, all you need is the contact address of where the food will be delivered. Then to top it all up its really easy to use! They even have apps for your Android, iPhone/iPad or Windows device. So what are you waiting for try their service now and you will be amazed with the tons of selection in there.
- 200 g Graham Crackers or Malt Biscuits + extra for garnishing
- 500 ml Whipped Cream
- ⅓ cup Condensed Milk
- 2 x 425g Fruit Cocktail, drained
- candied cherries to garnish
- Combine whipped cream and condensed milk by gently folding the mixture, set this aside.
- In a container of your choice arrange graham crackers or malt biscuits in the bottom. If you are using a rectangular pan this will fit an 8 x 8 pan.
- Spread half of the cream mixture on top of crackers, then place the contents of one fruit cocktail can on top the cream.
- Repeat the process again to get 2 layers then garnish with candied cherries and crushed crackers.
- Tightly cover then refrigerate overnight before serving.