Black Forest Cheesecake, I love the combination of flavours of the already tried and tested combination of Black Forest, the sweet attempting this in a cream cheese cake makes it even better.
- 2 packed cups pitted fresh cherries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- fresh cherries, unpitted with stems
- 3 packs 225g cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups thickened cream or whipped cream, chilled
- 4 tsp unflavoured gelatine
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp cream
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp cream
- Combine all ingredients and make sure its mixed well and butter is evenly spread throughout the crushed Oreos, press it in a 9 in pie pan.
- Chill in fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Place all ingredients except for the unpitted fresh cherries in a saucepan and using a hand blender blend ingredients together. Turn heat to medium then let the mixture boil, simmer in very low heat for 5 minutes.
- Set aside and let it cool down before using.
- In a double boiler add dark chocolate and cream. Once melted pour on top of a baking sheet then cover it with another baking sheet, flatten with a rolling pin then roll baking sheet (like storing a document into a cylinder container)
- Place in the freezer until it hardens.
- Remove from freezer then unroll, this will crack the chocolate and form into barks. Set aside in a cool place.
- Place softened cream cheese in a bowl together with sugar and vanilla extract, now using an electric mixer beat the cheese until thoroughly mixed.
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water then let it cool for a while. Once cooled down add into the cream cheese mixture, continue to beat until mixture becomes fluffy.
- Now add thickened cream and fold until it’s evenly mixed. Now separate 1/3 of the mixture into another bowl. Set all aside.
- In double boiler combine dark chocolate and cream together, once melted and smooth pour chocolate in the 2/3rds of prepared cream cheese mixture then mix well.
- Pour over the prepared crust in layers, first half of the chocolate cream cheese, then the plain cream cheese then the remaining chocolate cream cheese.
- Then top it with the cherry sauce and fresh cherries. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Stick the chocolate bark on the cheesecake then serve.