Gisadong Sayote is a Filipino vegetable dish made out of simple sauteed Chayote and pork. Usually paied with some fried fish or meat alongside with steamed rice.
- 2 large chayote, sliced
- 300g pork belly, cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pcs small shallots, finely chopped
- fish sauce or sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok add oil and fry pork pieces until golden brown and crispy. Remove pork then set aside.
- Add shallots and garlic then stir fry until shallots becomes soft.
- Add chayote and stir fry for 1 minute
- Add chicken stock and pork bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until chayote is tender.
- Season with fish sauce/sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.