Mee Goreng the hot and spicy stir fried noodles from Malaysia and Indonesia, best served with a cold cucumber, tomato and topped with fried egg
- 500 g Fresh Hokkien noodles / Yellow noodles
- 3 bunches Shanghai bok choy
- 100 g sliced fish cake
- 200 g chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- fish sauce
- white pepper
- crispy fried shallots
- sliced cucumbers
- sliced tomatoes
- chopped coriander
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil then cook noodles for 30 seconds only. Drain then rinse with cold running water then set it aside.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil then blanch the Shanghai bok choy for 30 seconds. Drain then rinse with cold running water then set it aside.
- In a small bowl combine together cayenne pepper, chili sauce, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, chicken stock and sugar. Set it aside.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic.
- Add chicken and fish cake then stir fry until cooked and browned.
- Add the combined liquid sauce on step 3 bring it to a boil.
- While boiling add the noodles then stir fry and cook for around 5 minutes, add a bit of water if needed.
- Add the blanched vegetables then season with fish sauce and white pepper.
- Turn heat off then serve garnished with crispy fried shallots, chopped coriander, sliced cucumbers and sliced tomatoes.