mapo tofu is a popular Sichuanese dish which is made out of tofu and minced pork in a sauce flavoured by Sichuanese peppercorns.
- 300 g minced pork
- 2 blocks soft tofu
- 3 tbsp Spicy bean paste
- 1/2 cup Chinese cooking wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- Freshly ground Szechuan peppercorn, roasted
- 1 tbsp Dried Red Chillies, chopped (use according to the spiciness you want)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- Peanut Oil
- Heat up a wok using a very high heat
- Add oil and sauté garlic and chillies
- Add the pork and continue to stir fry on really high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add cooking wine, chicken stock, spicy bean paste then continue mixing.
- When the sauce thickens or reduced add tofu and roasted peppercorn cover and simmer in medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Top with spring onions