Back in Hong Kong one of my favourite food court is in Pacific Place in Admiralty and my favourite dish in there is this Hong Kong Style Beef Brisket Curry
- 700 g beef brisket, cubed
- 300 g beef tendons, cubed
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large red capsicum / red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 can 400ml coconut milk
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 3 tbsp Chu Hou sauce
- 3–4 tbsp Madras curry paste (adjust to the spiciness level you want)
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tbsp sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce
- In a heavy pot add oil then brown beef brisket, once browned remove beef then set aside.
- Add onions and sauté until they turn soft.
- Add Madras curry paste, Chu Hou sauce, beef brisket, beef tendons, beef stock, coconut milk and bay leaves. Bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes and simmer again for 15 minutes.
- Add red capsicum / red bell pepper and coconut cream bring to a boil then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the sugar then season with freshly ground black pepper and fish sauce.
- Serve with freshly cooked jasmine rice.