Coliflor Rebozada is a Spanish dish categorized as a light tapa or side dish which is made out of cauliflower florets dipped in a egg and dusted with a light batter made out of seasoned flour.
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and cut into florets
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- garlic salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup aioli
- Place florets in a steamer and steam cauliflower for 10 minutes or until it’s just cooked but not soft. Remove from steamer then set aside and let it drain its excess water.
- Prepare a deep fryer or a wok filled with oil, heat it to 180C.
- Place eggs in a bowl then lightly beat them. Season it with garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In another container that you can cover add flour and season it as well with garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Dip the florets on the beaten eggs then place them in the container with flour. Do it with the rest. Cover the flour container and lightly shake it to cover cauliflower with the flour mixture.
- Gently drop florets into the hot oil and cook for 30 seconds or until its light brown and looks crispy.
- Remove from oil, place in paper towel lined plates to remove excess oil.
- Transfer to a clean dish and serve with aioli as dip.