Chocolate Feijoa Cake, a magical combination of rich cocoa and feijoa pulp baked to perfection
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups feijoa pulp, pureed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Combine and butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream it using a hand mixer.
- Slowly add eggs while mixing, once incorporated set mixture aside.
- In a bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine and stir feijoas to the creamed butter mixture.
- Gently fold and combine sifted flour mixture and sour cream until well incorporated.
- Place in a lightly greased 9 inch round spring form pan then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 50 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool then you can add any icing you want or just enjoy it on its own.