Halabos na Hipon, fresh prawns cooked in lemon soda and lots of garlic
- 700g fresh shrimps or prawns
- 1/2 can lemon soda (7-Up or Sprite)
- 1 head garlic, minced
- Heat a wok on high heat then and add oil.
- Sauté garlic then add shrimps. Give it a quick stir don’t cook it yet.
- Add soda, bring it to a boil until it is reduced. Make sure you are in high heat to reduce the liquid faster, if you do this in low heat the shrimps might overcook and the shrimp shell will stick on the meat making it hard to eat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.