Pasta Primavera is an Italian pasta loaded with vegetables like broccoli, snow peas, carrots and tomatoes to name some
- 250 g spaghetti no 4, vermicelli pasta or angel hair
- 1 small broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- dozen cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 1/4 cup Pecorino-Romano, grated
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- Cook your pasta according to packet instructions, drain then set aside.
- Boil the broccoli and carrots for 1 1/2 minutes, add the snow peas and boil for 30 more seconds
- Drain the vegetables and drop them into a bowl of ice water, once the vegetable are cool, drain it again then set them aside.
- In large skillet heat butter then sauté garlic and onions.
- Pour in the chicken stock and white wine then bring it to a boil.
- Add the cream, pasta and vegetables. Stir to combine then simmer for a minute or until vegetables are hot.
- Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano and Pecorino-Romano, stir again to stir to combine.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then garnish with cherry tomatoes before serving.