Strawberry, Nectarine, Orange and Banana Sorbet
What would you do if you have lots of fruits and they are all becoming over ripe? Sorbet is your best answer and that’s what I did with mine. I had several pieces of strawberries, nectarines, oranges and bananas and they are nearly over ripe so I peeled them, removed any seed and blended them with my choice of sweetener and some liquor like cognac or brandy to prevent it from totally freezing.
There are no set ingredients if you want to make your own at home just choose your favourite fruits and adjust the sweetness to your liking, remember frozen items taste less sweet than when it’s warm so you want to add a bit more sweetness.
- 3 cups fruit puree (strawberries, nectarines, bananas orange), chilled
- ¾ cup sugar (adjust to the sweetness you like)
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tbsp of cognac (alcohol will prevent it to totally freeze)
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved. Once dissolved, let it cool then place in freezer to chill.
- Combine together sugar syrup and fruit puree.
- Pour mixture in an ice cream maker and churn until mixture crystalizes.
- Add cognac and mix it in the mixture then place in the freezer.
You can buy an Ice Cream Maker in Amazon, here are some links:
- Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, White
- Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker
- Nostalgia Electrics ICMP400BLUE 4-Quart Electric Ice Cream Maker
- Cuisinart ICE-100 Compressor Ice Cream and Gelato Maker