Chicken katsu is a type of katsu made out of chicken breast fillets that is simply seasoned with salt and pepper then is fried to achieve a crispy consistency
- 6 pcs chicken breast cutlets
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- tonkatsu sauce
- Tenderize chicken meat by lightly pounding it with the blunt edge of a cleaver.
- Season chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Individually drench chicken cutlets in flour, dip in the beaten egg then coat with panko. Set aside and do the same with the remaining chicken cutlets.
- Using a deep fryer, heat oil to 160C, and deep fry chicken for a few minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from oil, drain on paper towels then serve with tonkatsu sauce.