Sauté of Calamari, Chorizo and Butterbeans is a perfect harmony between creamy butter beans, spicy chorizo and mild squid, with only tree main ingredients this is great
- 2 pcs medium squid tubes, sliced
- 3 pcs Chorizo, sliced
- 420g can butter beans, drained
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried sweet basil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- olive oil
- In a pan add olive oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add chorizo and tomatoes then cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Add white wine, chicken stock, tomato paste, dried oregano, dried sweet basil and cayenne pepper then bring to a boil and simmer in low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the squid and butter beans and simmer while stirring occasionally for 2 more minutes or until squid is just cooked.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then garnish with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Can’t wait to give this dish a taste!
Free style cooking is exactly how it should be, from the heart! I need to find more creative ways to prepare calamari. Especially as it’s squidding season now and my sweetheart returned home with 3 of them once!
I love the use of the butterbeans, it makes this a far more delicious version of this rustic type stew.
I love anything that involves Chorizo, so this sounds phenomenal!
Calmari? Chorizo? Butterbeans? Love all three, and have never combined them before. This looks stupendous — thanks so much.
Calamari & Chorizo go together like chicken & avocado, but would never have thought to pop the butter beans into the mix. Brilliant idea really! Its a good substitute for pasta using the beans. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to introducing this recipe into my weekly dinners. 🙂
Love your free form cooking Raymund! Great combination of flavors and textures, and definitely some of my favorites! Great dish!
I always love seeing how you cook calamari. This looks great.